Friday, September 21, 2007

got rain?

Lake Lanier sinking to a 50-year low?
As level drops, Atlanta faces the fact that its main water supply is no longer a sure thing.


my reply:

I have found a way to drive my water usage to one unit per month -- I recycle water to flush toilets. The grey water from the washing machine and dish washer plus all sinks except the one with the food disposal is good for flushing toilets.

Can also be used for spot watering in the yard.

I also have built walls in yard to retain all runoff and divert runoff from neighbor's yard to water my trees. I am hoping that HD Lanscaping stores will have the wall building stones on sale as they are closing. And some non-grass ground cover.

Associated with this is extensive use of mulch around all plants.

"Free" water is available if you use you brain and muscles.

I try to give full meaning to the word "conservative."

1 comment:

pup said...

It's three years later. Some months my water usage is zero.

Recylcing keeps on saving and saving and ...